Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend

Didn't feel physically great this weekend and was missing someone so I kind of "hunkered down" as my mom would say!
I watched movies!
I never do this. I'm notorious for going to Blockbuster or Red box and renting a video and then not watching it.
Anyway... it started with
I Heart Huckabees - hated it. i'm sorry if i'm not that deep. i hated it. and the word existential just confuses me.
then
Juno - seen it before (actually was my Earth Day gift last year from my sweet boyfriend- yes he gets me Earth day gifts!) still love that movie.
Rachel Getting Married - loved it. raw is a good word for this one - in more ways than one.
Doubt - it was hard to watch. great movie - Philip Seymour Hoffman is fantastic and of course Meryl Streep. But I probably should have saved it for when i wasn't as emotional. There are some scenes that are just so heartwrenching - it's one of those where no matter how many times you say to yourself "it's just a movie" it doesn't matter at all because you know that the subject matter here is something that people deal with every single day so it isn't just a movie at all. terrible.

then of course you have to add in the insane number of "16 and pregnant" episodes that were on MTV. really. even though i think MTV should have MUSIC on there... i'm wondering if these actually work as a deterrent for teen pregnancy.

oh, and i ended with an episode of Throwback with Bobby Flay last night.
next time i'm in New York i'm eating blueberry pancakes at Clinton Street Bakery...

www.clintonstreetbaking.com

definitely!

now when is my next trip to NYC?

No comments:

Post a Comment